Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Jacanas :: Wattled Jacana
Wattled Jacana Jacana jacana
Described by: Linnaeus (1766)
Alternate common name(s): South American Jacana
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 4 more images.
RangeNw. South America. Ex. s. Central America and Tropical South America e. of the Andes;
(1) Wc. Panama (Veraguas, Lake Gatun) and n. Colombia (Magdalena Valley).
(2) W. Colombia (Cauca Valley) to w. Venezuela (Lake Maracaibo).
(3) N. and c. Venezuela.
(4) Se. Colombia e. through s. Venezuela to Trinidad, Guyana, Surinam, Guiana s. through most of Brazil (Bahia, Chapada Diamantina), e. Bolivia, Uruguay and n. Argentina s. to San Luis, Cordoba, Santa Fe and n. Buenos Aires.
(5) Lowlands of w. Ecuador and nw. Peru.
(6) Ne. Peru (lower Rio Ucayali) and adjacent nw. Brazil in the upper Amazon region.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.