Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Tinamous :: Undulated Tinamou
Undulated Tinamou Crypturellus undulatus
Described by: Temminck (1815)
Alternate common name(s): Banded Tinamou
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeC. South America;
(1) S. Venezuela (upper Rio Ventuari, Amazonas).
(2) Sw. Guyana and adjacent Brazil s. to the n. bank of the Rio Negro and n. bank of the lower Amazon.
(3) C. Brazil s. of the Amazon from the w. bank of the Rio Madeira (Humayta and San Antonio de Guajara) e. to the Rio Tapajos and Cachimbo region.
(4) W. Amazonia from se. Colombia (Meta, Putumayo, Vaupes), e. Ecuador, e. Peru to n. Madre de Dios and adjacent nw. Brazil to the Rios Negro and Purus.
(5) E. Brazil from s. Maranhao and Piaui (Santa Filomena, Rio Parnaiba) s. to e. Mato Grosso, Goias, w. Minas Gerais, Sao Paulo to Parana (Rio Paracai).
(6) Se. Peru from s. Madre de Dios (Tambopata Nature Reserve) and Puno (Astillero) s. in e. Bolivia (La Paz, Cochabamba, Santa Cruz), adjacent sw. Brazil (Rondonia, sw. Mato Grosso), w. and c. Paraguay and ex. n. and ne. Argentina (Formosa, Chaco).
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Ministerio do Meio Ambiente
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: John van der Woude
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.