Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Tinamous :: Thicket Tinamou
Thicket Tinamou Crypturellus cinnamomeus
Described by: Lesson (1842)
Alternate common name(s): Rufescent Tinamou
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
No photographs are available for this species
(1) W. coast of Mexico from c. Sinaloa to Guerrero.
(2) Ne. Mexico from c. San Luis Potosi and n. Tamaulipas to n. Puebla and n. Veracruz.
(3) S. Mexico from s. Puebla, s. Veracruz, s. and e. Oaxaca to the Pacific slope at the Isthmus of Tehuantepec s. to Tonala, Chiapas.
(4) Se. Mexico (Tabasco, Yucatan Peninsula, Quintana Roo), Belize, n. Guatemala (Peten).
(5) Ex. s. Mexico (c. Chiapas in the Soconusco district).
(6) Pacific slope of Guatemala, El Salvador, s. Honduras (Gulf of Fonseca region).
(7) Highland and interior valleys of ex. s. Mexico (e. Chiapas), Guatemala to c. Honduras.
(8) Nicaragua (Pacific lowlands).
(9) Nw. Costa Rica (lowlands from the Gulf of Nicoya to the base of the Guanacaste Cordillera, Miravales to Rincon de la Vieja Volcanoes, lower slopes of Cordillera de Tilaran (?).
No videos are available for this species
Santa Rosa National Park, Costa Rica - Date unknown Source: Dan Mennill
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.