Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Tinamous :: Darwin's Nothura
Darwin's Nothura Nothura darwinii
Described by: Gray, G. R. (1867)
Alternate common name(s): Darwin's Tinamou
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeC. w. to sc. e. South America;
(1) S. Peru (Urubamba Valley, Cuzco, Puno).
(2) Ex. se. Peru (s. Cuzco and the Titicaca Basin) s. through w. Bolivia (La Paz, Oruro in the vicinity of Lake Poopo, Callipampa).
(3) W. Bolivia (Cochabamba, Potosi, Chuquisaca, Santa Cruz, Tarija).
(4) W. Argentina (Jujuy, Salta, Tucuman s. to Mendoza, e. to w. Santiago del Estero, w. Cordoba, w. La Pampa).
(5) Sc. Argentina (e. Cordoba s. through e. La Pampa, Sierra de la Ventana in sw. Buenos Aires, Rio Negro and n. Chubut to Golfo Nuevo.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.