Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Tinamous :: Highland Tinamou
Highland Tinamou Nothocercus bonapartei
Described by: Gray, G. R. (1867)
Alternate common name(s): Bonaparte Tinamou
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
No photographs are available for this species
RangeS. Central America; Cn. to nw. South America;
(1) Costa Rica (c. highlands along both slopes, Cordillera de Guanacaste >1200m, Cordillera de Talamanca >1500m locally down to 1000m along the Caribbean slope of the Cordillera Central), w. Panama (Volcan de Chiriqui).
(2) Wc. Colombia along both slopes of the Andes from sw. Antioquia (Frontino) s. to Cuca (Rio Mechenque) and w. of the Andes s. to Patia Canyon.
(3) Base of the e. Andes in ec. Colombia (Tolima, Meta (Villacicencio)).
(4) E. and c. Andes of nc. Colombia (Perija Mountains and both slopes of the Andes at least to Cundinamarca) and nw. Venezuela (Andes of Lara, Merida, Tachira and in coastal range of Carabobo to Aragua and Lara).
(5) Ec. Ecuador (e. slope of the Andes) and ex. nw. Peru (n. Cajamarca, Chaupe).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.