Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Pigeons and Doves :: White-tipped Dove
White-tipped Dove Leptotila verreauxi
Described by: Bonaparte (1855)
Alternate common name(s): White-fronted Dove, Brazilian Dove, Southern White-tipped Dove, Pale-fronted Dove
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 4 more images.
RangeCentral America and tropical South America;
(1) Tres Marias Is.
(2) Sc. United States (s. Texas in lower Rio Grande Valley, Sabal Palm Sanctuary, Brownsville, Cameron County) to n. and c. Mexico (c. Sonora, sw. Chihuahua, w. Durango, Nayarit, Jalisco, San Luis Potosi, Nuevo Leon).
(3) S. Mexico, e. Guatemala and Belize.
(4) W. Guatemala to w. Nicaragua.
(5) Ometepe Is. in Lake Nicaragua.
(6) Caribbean slope of Costa Rica.
(7) Sw. Nicaragua to Panama, Colombia (Magdalena Valley, Norte de Santander, Vichada) n. Venezuela s. to n. Amazonas and e. Bolivar) and the Netherland Antilles.
(10) W. Colombia (Narino, Cauca Valley, Arrecifes), w. Ecuador (Pichincha Province) and n. Peru (Maranon Valley).
(11) Guyana, Surinam, Guiana and n. Brazil.
(12) E. Brazil (Bahia (Chapada Diamantina)).
(13) E. Peru, e. Bolivia and w. Brazil.
(14) S. Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay and n. Argentina (Mendoza, San Luis, La Pampa, n. Buenos Aries).
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: USGS Patuxent Wildlife Research Center
Santa Rosa National Park, Costa Rica - Date unknown Source: Dan Mennill
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.