Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Pigeons and Doves :: Rose-crowned Fruit-Dove
Rose-crowned Fruit-Dove Ptilinopus regina
Described by: Swainson (1825)
Alternate common name(s): Rose-crowned Fruit Dove, Pink-capped Fruit-Dove, Pink-crowned Fruit-Dove, Swainson's Fruit-Dove, Red-crowned Fruit-Dove, Red-crowned Pigeon, Rose-crowned Pigeon, Gray-capped Fruit-Dove, Grey-capped Fruit-Dove, Blue-spotted Fruit-Dove, Red-crowned Pigeon, Pink-crowned Pigeon
Old scientific name(s): Ptilinopus ewingi
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeE. Lesser Sundas, s. Moluccas, n. and e. Australia;
(1) Flores, Rote and w. Timor Is. Sawa.
(2) Wetar, Roma, Kisar, Moa and e. Timor Is.
(3) Babar, Tanimbar, Damar, Banda, Kai Is. and Daru Is.
N. and e. Australia:
(4) Nw. Western Australia (Kimberleys) and Northern Territory (Fogg Dam, Darwin Botanical Gardens, East Point Recreational Reserve and Melville Is.).
(5) Queensland (Cape York Peninsula, Julatten, Mount Glorious near Brisbane, Dayboro) to ne. New South Wales s. to Hunter River.
Ranges s. to se. Australia (Victoria) and Tasmania.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.