Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Pigeons and Doves :: Black-naped Fruit-Dove
Black-naped Fruit-Dove Ptilinopus melanospila
Described by: Salvadori (1875)
Alternate common name(s): Black-naped Fruit Dove, Black-headed Fruit-Dove, Black-naped Fruit-Pigeon
Old scientific name(s): Ptilinopus melanospilus
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeS. Philippines, Sulawesi and the Lesser Sundas;
Three or four major populations;
(1) S. Philippines (Palawan, Cagayan Sulu, Mindanao, Basilan), Sulu Archipelago and n. Bornean Is. (Balambangan, Banggi)
(2) Sangir and Talaud Is.
(3) Sulawesi (Sangihe, Talaud, Togian, Peleng and Banggai Is.) and Togian Is.
(4) C. Moluccas (Sula, Seram, Peleng and Banggai Is.).
(5) Islands in Java Sea and Flores Sea (Kangean, Matasiri, Kalao, Kalaotoa,Madu and Salayar Is.).
(6) Java, Bali and the Lesser Sundas to Sumba, Alor, Buton and Muna Is.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.