Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Pigeons and Doves :: Ring-necked Dove
Ring-necked Dove Streptopelia capicola
Described by: Sundevall (1857)
Alternate common name(s): Cape Collared-Dove, Cape Turtle-Dove, Dark-eyed Ring-Dove, Damara Dove
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeE. and s. Africa;
(1) W. Ethiopia.
(2) E. Ethiopia, Somalia and n. Kenya s. to Uaso Nyiro River.
(3) C. Kenya to e. Zaire, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, w. Tanzania, Zanzibar and s. to Angola, Malawe, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and South Africa (Transvaal, Natal).
(4) Sw. Angola and n. Namibia.
(5) Namibia, Botswana and sw. Zimbabwe.
(6) S. South Africa (w. Cape Province).
Probably introduce on the Comoro Is.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.