Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Pigeons and Doves :: Slender-billed Cuckoo-Dove
Slender-billed Cuckoo-Dove Macropygia amboinensis
Described by: Linnaeus (1766)
Alternate common name(s): Brown Cuckoo-Dove, Pink-breasted Cuckoo-Dove, Amboina Cuckoo-Dove
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
No photographs are available for this species
RangeWallacea to New Guinea;
(1) Sangir and Talaud Is.
(2) Sulawesi, Peleng, Banggai, Sula and Togian Is.
(3) N. Moluccas (Morotai, Halmehera, Bacan, Obi, Kasiruta, Kayoa and Ternate).
(4) S. Moluccas (Buru, Seram, Ambon and Seram Laut).
(5) Kai Is.
(6) Nw. New Guinea and w. Papuan Is.
(7) Numfor Is.
(8) Mios Num Is.
(9) N. New Guinea and Yapen Is.
(10) S. coast of se. New Guinea from Merauke region to Milne Bay. Aru Is.
(11) Manam (Vulcan) Is. off nc. New Guinea.
(12) Bismarck Archipelago (New Hanover).
(13) Bismarck Archipelago including Lihir Is.
(14) D'Entrecasteaux Archipelago.
(15) Louisiade Archipelago.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.