Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Pigeons and Doves :: Little Cuckoo-Dove
Little Cuckoo-Dove Macropygia ruficeps
Described by: Temminck (1834)
Alternate common name(s): Red-faced Cuckoo-Dove, Red-headed Cuckoo-Dove, Lesser Red Cuckoo-Dove
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeSe. Asia and Greater Sundas;
Four major populations and additional small island populations;
(1) Sw. China (s. Yunnan), s. Burma (Tenasserim) and nw. Thailand.
(3) N. Indochina (n. Laos, n. Vietnam).
(5) Sumatra including Nias, Mentawai and Enggano Is.
(6) Simeulue Is. off w. Sumatra.
(7) Java and Bali.
(8) The Lesser Sundas (Sumbawa, Floresk, Pantar and Timor Is.).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.