Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Cockatoos and Allies :: Red-tailed Black-Cockatoo
Red-tailed Black-Cockatoo Calyptorhynchus banksii
Described by: Latham (1790)
Alternate common name(s): Red-tailed Black Cockatoo, Red-tailed Cockatoo, Banksian Cockatoo
Old scientific name(s): Calyptorhynchus magnificus
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 3 more images.
(1) Tropical ne. Australia in Queensland to ex. ne. New South Wales.
(2) Nc. and ne. Australia (n. Western Australia, n. Northern Territory (Kakadu National Park) and ex. nw. Queensland).
(3) Cw. and ce. Australia (cw. Western Australia, s. Northern Territory and nc. to ne. South Australia, sw. Queensland (Atherton Tablelands, Mackay) and n. New South Wales).
(4) Sw. Western Australia (Mount Magnet area and between Geraldton and Perth).
(5) Se. South Australia (ex. se. South Australia and sw. Victoria.
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.