Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Parrots, Macaws and Allies :: Double-eyed Fig-Parrot
Double-eyed Fig-Parrot Cyclopsitta diophthalma
Described by: Hombron; Jacquinot (1841)
Alternate common name(s): Double-eye Fig Parrot, Blue-faced Fig-Parrot, Red-faced Fig-Parrot, Cosen's Fig Parrot, Coxen's Fig-Parrot, Dwarf Fig-Parrot, Two-eyed Fig-Parrot
Old scientific name(s): Opopsitta diophthalma
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeNew Guinea, adjacent islands and e. Australia;
(1) W. New Guinea and is.
(2) Ne. and e. New Guinea.
(3) S. New Guinea and Aru Is.
(4) D'Entrecasteaux Archipelago (Goodenough and Fergusson Is.).
(5) Louisiade Archipelago (Tagula Is.).
(6) Ex. ne. Australia (ne. Cape York Peninsula along Portland Road at the Iron Range National Park).
(7) Coastal ce. Queensland (Cairns Esplanade, Atherton Tablelands, and Cooktown).
(8) Coastal se. Queensland and ne. New South Wales.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.