Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Cuckoos :: Little Bronze-Cuckoo
Little Bronze-Cuckoo Chrysococcyx minutillus
Described by: Gould (1859)
Alternate common name(s): Little Bronze Cuckoo, Malayan Bronze-Cuckoo, Malaysian Bronze-Cuckoo, Malay Bronze-Cuckoo, Australian Bronze-Cuckoo, Malay Emerald Cuckoo, Malay Green Cuckoo, Gould's Bronze Cuckoo, Rufous Bronze Cuckoo, Gould's Bronze-Cuckoo, Rufous-breasted Bronze-Cuckoo, Rufous Bronze-Cuckoo, Green-cheeked Bronze Cuckoo, Dark-backed Bronze Cuckoo, Green-cheeked Bronze-Cuckoo, Dark-cheeked Bronze-Cuckoo, New Guinea Bronze Cuckoo, New Guinea Bronze-cuckoo
Old scientific name(s): Chrysococcyx malayanus, Chalcites malayanus, Chalcites crassirostris
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeMalay Peninsula e. in Borneo, Philippines, Moluccas, Lesser Sundas and New Guinea to n. Australia;
(1) Malay Peninsula and ex. s. Thailand.
(2) N. Sumatra and w. Java.
(3) Ne. Borneo.
(4) Se. Borneo and s. Philippines (Negros, Mindanao, Basilan, Sulu Archipelago). Lesser Sundas (Flores and Timor).
(5) C. and s. Sulawesi, Madu and Flores.
(6) E. Lesser Sundas (Kisar, Romang, Damar, Leti, Moa and Sermata Is.).
(7) Moluccas (Tayandu, Kai Is.) and Tanimbar Is. (Yamdena, Larat).
(8) Babar Is. (Tepa).
(9) Biak Is., Aru Is. and lowlands of n. New Guinea. D'Entrecasteaux Archipelago and Trobriand Is.
(10) Lowlands of s. New Guinea and islands off the w. and s. coasts including Misool is.
(11) Moluccas (Halmahera), Peleng Is., Lesser Sundas and coastal n. and ne. Australia (ne. Western Australia in the Kimberley District e. through the Northern Territory (Melville Is., Adelaide River and Middle Arm in the Darwin region and Arnhem Land) to n. Queensland (Karumba and w. Cape York).
(12) Ne. Australia (ne. Queensland, e. Cape York Peninsula in the Iron Range National Park, Portland Road s. to Bowen, Atherton Tablelands at Julatten, Cairns Esplanade and Cairns Botanical Gardens).
(13) E. Austrialia (se. Queensland and ne. New South Wales).
(14) Birds from Timor appear to constitute an undescribed race.
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Tom Tarrant
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.