Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Cuckoos :: Greater Coucal
Greater Coucal Centropus sinensis
Described by: Stephens (1815)
Alternate common name(s): Common Crow-pheasant, Crow-pheasant, Common Coucal, Large Coucal, Lark-heeled Cuckoo
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 1 more images.
RangeIndia, s. China, se. Asia, Greater Sundas and w. Philippines;
(1) E. Pakistan, n. India to Burma, s. China (Mai Po Marshes, Hong Kong, and Hainan Is.).
(2) C. and s. India and Sri Lanka. Nicobar Is.
(3) Burma, s. Thailand, Indochina and Hainan Is.
(4) Malaysia, Sumatra and adjacent is., Borneo, n. Natuna Is.
(5) C. and sw. Philippines ( Palawan(?) Balabac, Cagayan Sulu and Basilan Is.) and Sulu Archipelago.
(6) Java and Bali.
(7) Kangean Is. n. of Bali.
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Hong Kong Birdwatching Society
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.