Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Typical Owls :: Asian Barred Owlet
Asian Barred Owlet Glaucidium cuculoides
Described by: Vigors (1831)
Alternate common name(s): Cuckoo Owlet, Cuckoo Owl, Barred Pygmy-Owl
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeHimalayas to se. Asia;
(1) W. Himalayas of ne. Pakistan, nw. India (Kashmir), Nepal and se. Tibet to w. Sikkim.
(2) Ne. India and se. Tibet to n. Burma.
(3) Ne. India (ne. Assam).
(4) W., c. and se. China and ne. Vietnam.
(5) N. Indochina.
(6) Hainan Is.
(7) S. Burma and s. Thailand.
(8) Se. Thailand and s. Indochina.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.