Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Frogmouths :: Marbled Frogmouth
Marbled Frogmouth Podargus ocellatus
Described by: Quoy; Gaimard (1830)
Alternate common name(s): Plumed Frogmouth, Little Papuan Frogmouth, Cinnamon Frogmouth
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeNew Guinea, Solomon Is. and e. Australia;
(1) W. Papuan Is. (Waigeo, Salawati, Misool Is.), New Guinea including is. in Geelvink Bay (Yapen and Meos Num Is.) and Aru Is.
(2) Trobriand Is. and D'Entrecasteaux Archipelago (Fergusson Is. and Goodenough Is.).
(3) Louisiade Archipelago (Tagula Is.).
(4) Solomon Is. (Bougainville, Choiseul and Santa Isabel).
(5) Ne. Australia (ne. Cape York Peninsula at the Iron Range National Park along the Portland Road s. to Lockhart River area).
(6) E. Australia (ex. se. coastal Queensland and ne. New South Wales (Mount Glorious near Brisbane and Lamington National Park) s. to Grafton).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.