Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Nightjars and Allies :: Pauraque
Pauraque Nyctidromus albicollis
Described by: Gmelin, J. F. (1789)
Alternate common name(s): Common Pauraque, White-collared Cuejo, White-necked Cuejo
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 10 more images.
RangeEx. sc. United States through Central America and tropical South America;
(1) Tres Marias Is.
(2) Sc. United States (s. Texas in the lower Rio Grande Valley) and e. Mexico (Nuevo Leon and Tamaulipas).
Winters s. to Puebla.
(3) Tropical n. Mexico (Cozumel Is.), Belize and Guatemala.
(4) S. Guatemala to Costa Rica and w. Panama.
(5) Panama and n. Colombia.
(6) E. Colombia and Venezuela, Trinidad, Guyana, Surinam, Guiana to e. Brazil, e. Ecuador, nw. and e. Peru and n. and e. Bolivia.
(7) C. and s. Brazil (Bahia, Chapada Diamantina), Paraguay and ne. Argentina.
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: USGS Patuxent Wildlife Research Center
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Naturesongs.com
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: belizebirds.com
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Jeff Blincows Sound Gallery
Santa Rosa National Park, Costa Rica - Date unknown Source: Dan Mennill
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.