Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Nightjars and Allies :: Band-winged Nightjar
Band-winged Nightjar Caprimulgus longirostris
Described by: Bonaparte (1825)
Alternate common name(s): Rufous-naped Nightjar
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
No photographs are available for this species
RangeN., w., s. and se. South America;
(1) W. Colombia, w. and n. Venezuela and Ecuador.
(2) Se. Venezuela (Mt. Duida and Mt. Roraima).
(3) C. and s. Peru, c. and sw. Bolivia, nw. Argentina and n. Chile s. to Valdivia.
(4) Sw. Peru and ex. n. Chile.
(5) C. Chile and w. Argentina.
(6) Se. Brazil (c. and se. Bahia, Chapada Diamantina), nw. and c. Paraguay, Uruguay and ne. Argentina.
(7) C. and s. Argentina s. to Chubut and Santa Cruz.
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Aves de Chile
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.