Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Nightjars and Allies :: Savanna Nightjar
Savanna Nightjar Caprimulgus affinis
Described by: Horsfield (1821)
Alternate common name(s): Allied Nightjar, Franklin's Nightjar
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeIndia, se. Asia, Greater Sundas and the Philippines;
(1) Ne. Pakistan and India, e. Himalayas and Burma s. to Thailand, Cambodia (Chhep District of Preah Vihear Province) and s. Vietnam.
(2) Se. China and n. Vietnam.
(4) N. Philippines (Luzon, Catanduanes, Mindoro, Sibuyan, Negros and Cebu Is.).
(5) Se. Philippines (Mindanao).
(6) Sumatra including Nias Is., Bangka Is., Belitung Is., Riau Archipelago, and Lingga Archipelago, Java including Karimunjawa Is., Bali, Borneo e. to Lombok and possibly s. Sulawesi.
(8) W. Lesser Sundas from Sumbawa, Komodo and Flores.
(9) C. Lesser Sundas (Sumba and Savu Is.).
(10) E. Lesser Sundas (Alor, Timor, Roti and Kisar).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.