Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Swifts :: White-collared Swift
White-collared Swift Streptoprocne zonaris
Described by: Shaw (1796)
Alternate common name(s): Antillean Cloud Swift, Ringed Swift, Collard Swift, Giant White-collared Swift
Old scientific name(s): Cypseloides zonaris
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeWest Indies and c. Central America s. to s. tropical South America;
(1) S. Mexico (Guerrero, San Luis Potosi and Tamaulipas) s. in Belize to El Salvador.
(2) Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama.
(3) West Indies (Greater Antilles of Cuba, Jamaica and Hispaniola) and locally in the Lesser Antilles (Saba. Grenadines and Grenada).
(4) Cordillera of coastal n. Venezuela and Trinidad.
(5) Lowlands of Venezuela s. of the Andes and Cordillera, Guyana and possibly Surinam and Guiana.
(6) Andes at middle elevations from Venezuela (Merida), Colombia and Ecuador to Peru.
(7) Andes at high elevations in Colombia and Ecuador.
(8) Andes at high elevations in Bolivia and nw. Argentina.
(9) Amazonian lowlands of s. Brazil (Bahia in Chapada Diamantina (Lencois), Burmado, Monte Pascoal, and Porto Seguro), Bolivia, c. and e. Paraguay.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.