Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Swifts :: Uniform Swiftlet
Uniform Swiftlet Aerodramus vanikorensis
Described by: Quoy; Gaimard (1830)
Alternate common name(s): Lowland Swiftlet, Grey Swiftlet, Gray Swiftlet, Vanikoro Swiftlet, Island Swiftlet, Gray Swiftlet, Grey Swiftlet
Old scientific name(s): Collocalia vanikorensis
No photographs are available for this species
RangePhilippines, Sulawesi, Moluccas, New Guinea to islands of the sw. Pacific Ocean;
Fragmented Island distribution;
(1) Philippines (Batan Is., Luzon, Marinduque, Cagayancillo, Mindoro, Cebu, Bohol, Dinagat and Mindanao). Is. off the e. coast of Borneo.
(2) C. and se. Sulawesi and Muna Is.
(3) S. Sulawesi.
(4) S. Moluccas (Seram, Ambon, Banda, Gorong, Tayandu and and Kai Is.).
(5) N. Moluccas (Morotai and Halmahera Is.) and Waigeo Is.
(6) Biak Is. and Numfor Is. Misool Is.
(7) Aru Is., New Guinea, D'Entrecasteaux Archipelago (Goodenough and Fergusson Is.) and ne. Australia (Cape York Peninsula, Queensland). Kai Is.
(8) Louisiade Archipelago (Tagula Is.), Trobriand Is. and Woodlark Is.
(9) Admiralty Is. (Manus, Rambutyo and Los Negros) and St. Matthias Is.
(10) Bismarck Archipelago (New Britain, New Ireland, Dyaul Is. and New Hanover).
(11) Lihir, Feni, Tabar, Nuguria and Hibermian Is. e. of New Ireland.
(12) Solomon Is.
(13) Santa Cruz Is. (Duff and Swallow Is.), Vanuatu and New Caledonia.
Birds of Yamdena in Tanimbar Is. have not yet been assigned to race and may constitute an as yet undescribed race.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.