Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Swifts :: Gray-rumped Swift
Gray-rumped Swift Chaetura cinereiventris
Described by: Sclater, P. L. (1862)
Alternate common name(s): Grey-rumped Swift, Ash-rumped Swift, Sclater's Swift
Old scientific name(s): Acanthylis cinereiventris
No photographs are available for this species
RangeTropical South America;
Highly fragmented distribution;
(1) Nicaragua, Costa Rica and w. Panama.
(2) West Indies (Grenada), Trinidad and Tobago.
(3) E. Colombia and w. Venezuela.
(4) E. Venezuela, Guyana, Surinam and Guiana.
(5) W. Colombia, w. Ecuador and nw. Peru.
(6) Upper Amazonia including e. Ecuador, e. Peru, n. and e. Bolivia (Pando, Beni, La Paz, Santa Cruz) and w. Amazonian Brazil.
(7) E. Brazil (e. Bahia (Valenca)) and ne. Argentina.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.