Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Swifts :: Vaux's Swift
Vaux's Swift Chaetura vauxi
Described by: Townsend, J. K. (1839)
Alternate common name(s): Dusky-backed Swift, Richmond's Swift, Yucatan Swift, Andre's Swift
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeCw. North America. C. and s. Central America. N. South America;
(1) Se. Alaska and sw. Canada (nw. and s. British Columbia) s. in the w. United States in n. Idaho, w. Montana mostly w. of the Cascades to c. California w. of the Sierra Nevada.
Winters in Central America.
(2) E. Mexico (sw. Tamaulipas. se. San Luis Potosi and Hidalgo).
(3) S. Mexico (Oaxaca, Veracruz and Chiapas) to Costa Rica.
(4) Yucatan Peninsula and Cozumel Is.
(5) E. Panama.
(6) Colombia and n. Venezuela.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.