Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Hummingbirds :: Great-billed Hermit
Great-billed Hermit Phaethornis malaris
Described by: Nordmann (1835)
Alternate common name(s): Margaretta's Hermit, Margaret's Hermit, Klabin Farm Long-tailed Hermit
Old scientific name(s): Phaethornis margarettae
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeW. Amazonian South America. Ne. Brazil. E. Brazil.
(1) E. Colombia, s. Venezuela and adjacent n. Brazil.
(2) Surinan, Guiana and adjacent n. Brazil (Amapa).
(3) Coastal e. Brazil (Pernambuco, Bahia, and Espirito Santo).
(4) E. Colombia, e. Ecuador and e. Peru (Rio Ucayali).
(5) Ne. Peru and w. Brazil to the w. bank of the Rio Madeira s. of the Amazon.
(6) Se. Peru, Bolivia and w. Brazil to the w. bank of the Rio Tapajos s. of the Amazon.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.