Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Trogons :: Collared Trogon
Collared Trogon Trogon collaris
Described by: Vieillot (1817)
Alternate common name(s): Jalapa Trogon, Bar-tailed Trogon
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 1 more images.
RangeC. Central America, n. South America and e. Brazil;
Three major populations and a small isolated population;
(1) C. and e. Mexico (San Luis Potosi, Hidalgo, Veracruz, Oaxaca and the Yucatan Peninsula), nw. Costa Rica to w. Panama (w. Chiriqui and Veraguas).
(2) E. Panama (sw. Bocas del Toro and e. Darien).
(3) Ex. e. Panama in e. Serrania del Darien (Cerro Pirre).
(4) W. Colombia and w. Ecuador.
(5) Subtropical zone of w. Colombia (Magdalena Valley and Cauca Valley).
(6) N. Venezuela.
(7) Colombia, Venezuela, Trinidad and Tobago, Guyana, Surinam, Guiana, e. Peru, n. Bolivia and wc. Brazil.
(8) E. Brazil in the lower Amazon region with an isolated population in se. Brazil (e. Bahia).
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: John van der Woude
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.