Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Kingfishers :: Stork-billed Kingfisher
Stork-billed Kingfisher Pelargopsis capensis
Described by: Linnaeus (1766)
Alternate common name(s): Brown-headed Stork-billed Kingfisher
Old scientific name(s): Halcyon capensis, Ramphalcyon capensis
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 1 more images.
RangeIndia to se. Asia, Greater Sundas, Lesser Sundas and the Philippines;
(1) Nepal, India and Sri Lanka.
(2) Andaman Is.
(3) Nicobar Is.
(4) Bangladesh, Burma and Thailand to Indochina and n. Malay Peninsula s. to the Isthmus of Kra.
(5) S. Malay Peninsual s. of the Isthums of Kra, Riau Archipelago and Lingga Archipelago.
(6) Sumatra, Bangka Is., Belitung Is. and Borneo.
(7) Simeulue Is.
(8) Banyak Is.
(9) Nias and Batu Is.
(10) Mentawai Is. Pagai, Siberut and Sipora Is.?
(12) Bali, Lombok and Sumbawa to Flores Is.
(13) N. and w. Philippines.
(14) C. and s. Philippines in se. Luzon, Masbate, Panay and Negros Is.
(15) S. Philippines in the Sulu Archipelago.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.