Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Hornbills :: Blyth's Hornbill
Blyth's Hornbill Aceros plicatus
Described by: Forster, J. R. (1781)
Alternate common name(s): Papuan Wreathed Hornbill, Papuan Hornbill, Plicated Hornbill, Kokomo, New Guinea Hornbill
Old scientific name(s): Rhyticeros plicatus
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeE. Indonesia (Moluccas), New Guinea (Papua), Bismarck Archipelago, Solomon Is. ;
(1) S. Moluccas (Seram and Ambon Is.).
(2) N. Moluccas (Morotai, Halmahera, Becan, Kasiratu, Obi and Kelang), w. and n. New Guinea and adjacent is. (Yapen, Misool, Salawati, Batanta, Gam, Waigeo Is.).
(3) E. New Guinea and D'Entrecasteaux Archipelago (Fergusson and Goodenough Is.).
(4) Bismarck Archipelago (New Hanover, New Ireland and New Britain).
(5) N. Solomon Is. (Buka, Bougainville, Fauro and Shortland Is.).
(6) S. Solomon Is. (Choiseul, Vangunu, Santa Isabel, Guadalcanal and Malaita Is.).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.