Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Antthrushes and Antpittas :: Short-tailed Antthrush
Short-tailed Antthrush Chamaeza campanisona
Described by: Lichtenstein, M. H. K. (1823)
Alternate common name(s): Northern Short-tailed Antthrush, Southern Short-tailed Antthrush
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
No photographs are available for this species
RangeAndes of n. and w. South America. Tepuis. E. and se. Tropical South America;
(1) E. of the Andes in Colombia.
(2) E. Ecuador and n. Peru n. of the Rio Maranon.
(3) C. Peru.
(4) S. Venezuela (Cerro Huachamacari).
(5) Se. Peru and possibly also ex. w. Bolivia (ex. w. La Paz).
(6) Nw. Venezuela (mountains of Aragua and Andes w. to w. Tachira).
(7) Sc. Venezuela (Cerro Yavi).
(8) Se. Venezuela (Gran Sabana, Bolivar and Cerro Calentura and Cerro de la Neblina, s. Amazonas).
(9) E. Venezuela (Mr. Roraima) and w. Guyana.
(10) Andean slope of w. Bolivia from La Paz se. to Santa Cruz.
(11) E. and se. Brazil locally in Ceara (Serra do Baturite) and Alagoas (Quebrangulo) and e. Bahia (Boa Nova) to Santa Catarina.
(12) S. Brazil s. to s. Mata Grosso do Sul, w. Parana and Rio Grande do Sul, e. Paraguay and ne. Argentina (Misiones and Corrientes).
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Ministerio do Meio Ambiente
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.