Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Old World Flycatchers :: Pied Bushchat
Pied Bushchat Saxicola caprata
Described by: Linnaeus (1766)
Alternate common name(s): Pied Stonechat, Black Bushchat, Pied Chat
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 1 more images.
RangeC. to se. Asia, Philippines, Java and the Lesser Sundas to New Guinea;
Fragmented island distribution;
(1) Sw. Asia from Aral Sea and e. Transcaspia e. to s. Turkestan, e. Iran, Afghanistan and ne. Arabia.
Winters in Iran and Pakistan.
Winters in n. and c. India.
(3) C. India, Burma, n. Thailand, sw. China, Laos, Cambodia, and s. Vietnam.
(4) S. India.
(5) Sri Lanka.
(6) Philippines (Luzon, Mindoro, Lubang, Bantayan, and Cebu).
(7) Philippines (Negros, Bohol, Siquijor, Ticao, Camiguin Sur).
(8) Philippines (c. Mindanao).
(9) Java and the Lesser Sundas (Flores to Alor).
(10) Lesser Sundas (Kisar, Wetar, Savu and Timor Is.).
(11) Sumba Is.
(12) Sulawesi, Saleyer Is. and Butung Is.
(13) Babar Is.
(14) N. New Guinea (n. coastal lowlands from Humboldt Bay to Huon Peninsula) and Bismarck Archipelago (Long Is., e. New Britain, Watom Is. and s. New Ireland).
(15) Wc. New Guinea (mid-mountain grasslands from the Snow Mountains to c. highlands).
(16) Ec. and e. New Guinea (se. ranges).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.