Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Old World Flycatchers :: Familiar Chat
Familiar Chat Cercomela familiaris
Described by: Wilkes (1817)
Alternate common name(s): Red-tailed Chat
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
(1) S. Mauritania, Sengal, Guinea, Ivory Coast, n. Ghana, Burkina Faso, sw. Mali, Togo, Benin and n. Nigeria, Cameroon, Central African Republic, sw. Sudan, and nw. Ethiopia, Uganda, Zaire, Rwanda, Burundi, Kenya, Tanzania, Angola, Zambia, Malawi, and Mozambique.
(2) Se. Sudan and sw. Ethiopia.
(3) N. Angola and n. Namibia.
(4) E. Namibia, w. Botswana and South Africa (n. Cape Province).
(5) E. Botswana, Zimbabwe and e. South Africa (Transvaal).
(6) E. South Africa (n. Natal).
(7) S. Mozambique and South Africa (Natal and s. Cape Province).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.